From a barn on a farm to Mason jar candles and burlap table linens, planning a rustic wedding can be overwhelming. If you are one of the millions of brides who want one of these natural, distressed wedding themes, finding appropriate accessories to match your gown can be challenging. While you want to incorporate rustic elements, wearing cowgirl boots on your special day is a cliché that you should avoid. To ensure a memorable and personable day, consider these unique bridal accessories for your rustic wedding.
Since 16 percent of brides opt for an outdoor reception, safe and comfortable footwear is key to enjoy your day. Of course, a large number of brides want their wedding boogie to entail boot scootin'. Although boots do mesh well with your rustic theme, footwear should be extraordinary. Here are a few unique options that are not only comfortable, but also fashionable:
- Flip Flops and Sandals – Whether you are having your reception in a garden, on a beach, or inside a barn, flip flops are versatile options for your feet. For a bit of romance, consider flip-flops with elegant sequins or crystals. In addition, fashionable gladiator-style sandals work well with a whimsical outdoor wedding.
- Vintage Sneakers – For maximum comfort, purchase a pair of vintage sneakers to wear during the ceremony and reception. Old-school Chuck Taylors or classic skateboarder shoes are fun, trendy, and vintage. Not only are these unique footwear choices, they are comfortable for dancing and socializing through the night.
- Barefoot – Walk down the aisle barefoot. This enhances the overall natural theme of your wedding day. However, if your groom has two left feet, put on actual footwear during your first dance.
Adorning your hair with elaborate veils and crowns is not common for a rustic wedding. To accent your hair with romantic accessories, choose simple and soft accessories.
Visit local consignment or thrift stores to purchase antique combs, pins, and headbands. These not only give your hair a bit of sparkle, but also work as your "Something Old."
Using flowers is an inexpensive option that works perfectly with your rustic wedding theme. Use fresh daisies and baby's breath to frame the crown of your head. If fresh flowers are not an option, purchase versions from your local craft store.
You can also create a rustic headband out of a few thin twigs from a tree. Clean a few thin twigs and shape into a curve. Use hot glue to attach the twigs directly to the top of a traditional headband.
Your guests will most likely have their eyes on your gown and engagement ring, but wearing a few pieces of jewelry can make your day even more special. When accessorizing your bridal look with rustic accessories, the key is remembering that less is more. To accent your look, consider one or more of these jewelry pieces:
- Strand of Pearls – Borrow a strand of pearls from your mother or grandmother. Pearls are versatile so they work with an outdoor or formal wedding. In addition, you can choose a pearl necklace or a simple bracelet for your wrist.
- Turquoise or Coral – For a pop of color, opt for natural stones. A set of chandelier earrings, bracelet, or simple pendant necklace creates just the right amount of color for your bridal look. Choose one piece featuring turquoise or coral stones to complement your white wedding ensemble.
- Hammered Metals – Silver, bronze, copper, or gold metals that feature a hammered finish are trends in jewelry. Due to the distressed nature of these metal pieces, they enhance the rustic wedding day theme. When worn with a lace or silk gown, the pieces truly stand out.
Planning each detail of your dream wedding can be overwhelming. However, when you choose a rustic theme and your perfect gown, accessorizing is simple. Using these unique options, you can accessorize your bridal look without ordinary cowgirl boots. Check out shops like Eva's Bridals for more help.Share